Instant Pot Smart – Chicken Adobo
One of our favourite dishes is the Philipino dish chicken adobo. There are so many versions of it but the basic ingredients that are common in most recipes are soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorn and bay leaves. I’ve adapted my version for the Instant Pot. It’s easy and delicious. Hope you’ll enjoy it.
3lbs chicken thighs, bone-in
6T soy sauce
5 cloves garlic, smashed
1/4c canola oil
2 bay leaves
- Put the chicken in a large ziploc bag along with the soy sauce and garlic and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- Set the instant pot on Sauté. Once it says Hot, add the canola oil and half of the chicken thighs, skin side down. Brown the chicken for about 3-4 minutes. Turn them over and brown the other side for 3-4 minutes. Remove them onto a plate and work on the second batch. Once the second batch is complete, put the rest of the cooked chicken back into the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Close and lock the lid, making sure the sealing knob is on sealing. Start the recipe program.
- Once the cooking is done, you can release the pressure by the quick or natural pressure release.
- Remove the chicken and set the Instant Pot on Sauté mode and adjust the temperature to low. Simmer the sauce until the sauce thickens.
- Pour over the chicken and serve with Jasmine rice.
Hope this was an easy recipe to follow. Please let me know in the comments if you have any question. I would love to know how it goes!
Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. Keep warm for up to 6 hours.